– Expertly packed and delivered within 5-7 days from day of ordering.
– Comes with a cute postcard with sowing and care instructions.
How to sow:
– Bitter gourds require a very hot and humid climate to grow well. Plant bitter gourd seeds in a location that gets 6 to 8 hours of sunlight every day.
– Seeds will take 8 to 10 days to germinate in soil temperatures ranging from 15 to 20℃.
– Bitter gourds will take almost 55-60 days to mature.
– Prepare the potting soil prior to planting by adding aged manure or aged compost to the soil.
– Ensure that the soil is well-draining and light for planting.
– While growing bitter gourd vines on the ground, it’s ideal to mulch the soil to prevent the fruits from getting dirty or rotting in moist soil.
Common Name: Pavarkai,karela,kakarakaya
Botanical Name: Momordica charantia.
Maximum growth dimensions: 36-60 inches
Light: full sun
Temperature: 15 C – 30 C
Planting season: Summer
Edible parts: fruits
Soil Type: Well drained loamy soil
Watering frequency: water to keep the soil consistently moist
Bloom time: summer
Flower Colour: yellow
Toxicity: toxic to people and pets when consumed raw
Difficulty level: Easy to grow