– Expertly packed and delivered within 5-7 days from day of ordering.
– Comes with a cute postcard with sowing and care instructions.
How to sow:
– Select an area where you can erect a trellis to support the plant, which also receives full sun light.
– Mark 2 feet x 2 feet area and clean all vegetation
– Dig a pit of about one foot in depth. Keep the soil separately
– Mix compost with this soil and refill the pit
– Either you can plant the seeds directly in the prepared pit or germinate the seeds separately and transplant
– The seed will germinate in about 10 days.
Common Name: Chinese okra, dish cloth gourd, ridged gourd, sponge gourd, vegetable gourd, strainer vine
Botanical Name: Luffa acutangula
Maximum growth dimensions: 12 feet
Light: good exposure to sunlight
Temperature: 15 C – 30 C
Planting season: Summer
Edible parts: fruit
Soil Type: well draining consistently moist soil
Watering frequency: frequent but avoid over watering
Bloom time: all year
Flower Colour: yellow
Toxicity: mildly toxic
Difficulty level: Easy to grow