– Expertly packed and delivered within 5-7 days from day of ordering.
– Comes with a cute postcard with sowing and care instructions.
How to sow:
– Onion plants are heavy feeders and require constant nourishment to produce big bulbs. So, at planting time, add nitrogen fertilizer.
– Bury onion sets 2 to 6 inches apart, gently pressing them into loose soil no more than 1 inch deep. (Use the closer spacing if you want to pull immature onions as scallions.) ∙
– Fertilize every few weeks with nitrogen to get big bulbs. Stop fertilizing when the onions push the soil away and the bulbing process has started. Do not put the soil back around the onions; the bulb needs to emerge above the soil.
Common Name: Venkayam,pyaj, Pedda ullipāya,
Botanical Name: Allium cepa L
Maximum growth dimensions: 6-12 inch root
Light: full sun
Temperature: 15 C – 30 C
Planting season: Monsoon
Edible parts: stem, bulb
Soil Type: Well drained loamy soil
Watering frequency: once a week
Bloom time: summer
Flower Colour: White,
Difficulty level: Easy to grow