Product title: Pink Suzy / Aglaonema Suzy Plant
Common Names: Chinese evergreens
Product title: Pink Suzy / Aglaonema Suzy Plant
Common Names: Chinese evergreens
- Aglaonema is prized for its exquisitely beautiful leaves. The colour and shape of the leaves vary greatly depending on the species and cultivars
- Can be grown in pretty much the darkest and driest conditions
- In rainforests these plants grow beneath the leaf canopy, which means in natural space it receives indirect sunlight. These plants can do well in very low light conditions.
- The Chinese evergreen has about 20 known species which were first cultivated in China and neighbouring Asian countries.
- It has its own unique set of leaf shapes and colours. It has green leaves with white markings but adds pink veins to give the leaves a distinct appearance.
- This versatility makes the aglaonema the right houseplant for your home.
- The Chinese evergreen produces cute little white flowers, indoors.
About the plant:
Aglaonema which grows in vibrant and colourful foliages and also looks stunning with attractive flowers. Aglaonema (Aglaonema commutatum) is an evergreen herbaceous flowering plant of the genus Aglaonema in the family Araceae. Aglaonemas are also commonly known as Chinese evergreen. Chinese evergreens have been first cultivated in China and are kept indoors for good fortune.
With remarkably patterned foliage in pink, aglaonema suzy is the plant for you if you want to add some color to your space.
- Aglaonema suzy plant in dimensions Pot. Great for decorating your space!
- Aglaonema suzy plants come in dimension pots with our own premium soil blend.
- Fast shipping anywhere in Coimbatore, usually within 24 hours of ordering. This will ship directly from our greenhouse to your door. Our plants never sit in dark warehouses.
- Expert packaging and guaranteed live arrival. We also include an extended guarantee for 30 days from delivery!
- Comes with a FREE color postcard with care instructions/DIY spade.
|Common Name||Pink Suzy, Aglaonema Suzy, Chinese Evergreen, Philippine evergreen|
|Botanical Name||Aglaonema Suzy|
|Plant Type||Herb, Aracea, Houseplant
, Perennial, Poisonous.
|Height: 2 ft. 0 in. – 8 ft. 0 in.
Width: 2 ft. 0 in. – 4 ft. 0 in.
|Light||Low to moderate, can tolerate short periods of bright indirect light|
|Temperature||18 C – 26 C|
|Soil Type||Well-draining, with lots of perlite or sand|
|Bloom time||Summer (April – July)|
|Difficulty level||Easy to grow|
|Benefits||Air Purifier, Easy to grow, Aesthetic color and appealing|
Aglaonema is considered one of the easiest house plants to grow, it is rather versatile, as it can be grown in pretty much the darkest, driest conditions and it will still flourish beautifully. It can go weeks without watering and be limited in light exposure and it will continue to thrive. So, even if you go on trips for few days, no worries.
In rainforests these plants grow beneath the leaf canopy. That means in natural space it receives indirect sunlight. These plants can do well in very low light conditions. However, if the plant is exposed to direct sunlight, it will scorch the leaves.
The best temperatures for your aglaonema suzy plant are 65-80 degrees F. Warm and humid conditions help the plant to survive. The aglaonema suzy may be damaged if they are placed in areas that will experience extreme temperature changes like near heaters, windows that receive a lot of sun or cold breeze, and air conditioners.
Aglaonema Suzy prefers indirect bright light. It can adapt to low light, but the growth will slow considerably. Direct morning sunlight is fine for this plant, but avoid direct afternoon sunlight which can burn the leaves.
Use a Grow Light if you don’t have a suitable location for your Aglaonema. If the pink coloration on your Aglaonema starts to fade, try moving it to a brighter, indirect light location.
Water your Aglaonema when 50% of the soil volume is dry. Water until liquid flows through the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot and discard any water that has accumulated in the saucer.
The best soil type for the Chinese evergreen to develop is houseplant soil with perlite, but any properly-draining peat-based mix will suffice. Aglaonema growers should use slightly acidic soil with a 5.6-6.5. Keep the soil of your Aglaonema pink plant just hydrated but not wet.
The Chinese evergreen lets you prune it into any shape you like or leave the aglaonema to grow naturally which is a pleasure to look at. You can also train the plant to grow horizontally instead of vertically. Use the pruning scissors, trim the leaves at the top and leave the ones at the bottom to grow outward. Eventually, the plant will spread out take the shape you prefer. The aglaonema suzy plant can grow up to 2 feet tall and wide, growing 8-inch long leaves with a 4-inch wind span. These types of plants tend to grow at a slower rate so it will take a few years for them to reach their full growth potential under any climate conditions.
- Using stem cuttings is the most popular and the easiest way to propagate these plants by a beginner. Choose an old plant stem or new shoot with few leaves and plant them in a new soil and place the pot under room temperature and under indirect sunlight. Expect new shoots to emerge from cuttings in about 25 to 45 days.
- Use fresh seeds and spread them on prepared seed germination soil mix or coco-peat mix. It takes up to 45 or even 60 days for seeds to germinate.
- Using root cuttings is the safest method for assuring success, but to be done carefully. A plant is separated from the mother plant with roots and planted in a new container and kept in indirect sunlight. The new plant should build its own roots quickly, in about 5 to 10 days.
- Using tissue culture method of propagation is ideal for situations in which you need to produce large number of Aglaonema seedlings in quick time for mass production. New seedlings are produced using a small part of the original plant, such as root, stem, or leaves using tissue culture in a lab type environment. Seedlings are later slowly introduced to natural weather conditions. Plants tend to go slowly in this process, but it is still the most effective way to produce a large number of strong plants.
The aglaonema suzy plant helps to lower the CO2 levels and purifies the air. It does that by absorbing the toxins and storing them in its stem. A perfect air purifier for your home. Aglaonema, considered a natural humidifier increases the levels of positivity. It increases humidity in the indoor environment. Ultimately reducing the probability of respiratory sickness.
An ornamental house plant:
Aglaonema is staple home ornamental plant because of its fabulous leaves and attractive colours. It is a type of plant that has high tolerance for drought condition, as well as for moisture. They love the bright, indirect light from the sun but it can also thrive in places with low to medium type of light.
A perfect Feng Shui plant:
This beautiful Aglaonema variety is a less common cultivar with bold pink edges on green leaves. It grows upright and tolerates low light conditions and also rounds up as a lucky plant, according to Feng Shui. It has positive health impacts which indirectly reduces stress. The textured and stripped leafy plant gives an exotic and aesthetic look adding beauty to the interior design of your house.
The aglaonema suzy plant helps to lower the CO2 levels and purifies the air. It does that by absorbing the toxins and storing them in its stem. Aglaonema is mildly toxic to pets and humans. Clinical Signs of toxicity of Aglaonema are Oral irritation, excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, pain and swelling of the mouth, tongue, and lips, etc.
Care of Plants:
Pests and insects like mealybugs, spider mites, aphids, scales, nematodes are likely to attack the plant. Therefore keep an eye on the plant and use strong jets of water to get rid of the pests.
- Aglaonema Suzy plants need warm conditions to grow well.
- The golden rule for growing these Aglaonema Suzy plants
- Sunlight : These plants grow well in partial shade. Direct exposure to the sun for long hours can scorch the leaves
- Soil : Soil should be moist and should not be soggy.
- Water : Adequate watering is needed for their healthy growth. The water must not stand and should drain out completely.
Temperature : Warmer places are preferred.
- Fertilise the plant once in a year.
- Repotting every 2 years and trimming the root system can keep the plant managable.
Frequently asked questions:
All our online plants have detailed information like plant care tips, growing conditions, plant FAQs, and all our indoor plants resemble the plant images shown.
1.Why are my houseplants getting brown tips on their leaves?
This is generally an indication of poor watering. The best way to water your online plant is to thoroughly flush it until water runs freely out the drainage holes. Shallow watering can cause browning of tips.
2.Why is my plant not growing? / How do I boost my plant’s growth?
You can use an organic fertilizer like compost or cow manure every two weeks to boost the growth of the plant. Also, make sure you clean the leaves with a damp towel once in a while to clear the dust and examine closely for any pests.
3.Why is my plant not flowering?
Nutrient deficiency can be a major reason for the nonflowering of plants. Below are some basic tips you need to follow to encourage flowering while deciding to buy plant online.
Soil that is light and rich in compost or manure provides plenty of nutrients constantly to the plants. Remove the old dried out flowers as they consume the nutrients requirement for new flowers.
Fertilize the plants with a good organic fertilizer like cow manure every 15 days.
Do mulching every month and provide proper watering.